March 13-15 | Minneapolis, MN
Update on March 12, 2020: The Weekend of Remembrance is happening as scheduled to provide a necessary healing space for family members of stolen lives. Given the current challenges posed by COVID-19, we are taking precautions such as having Clorox wipes, Lysol spray, and hand sanitizer at our events. It is also important that each of us follow CDC recommendations. These include simple daily actions like regularly washing hands, not sharing food with others, and avoiding unnecessary contact. When greeting others at the Weekend of Remembrance, ask for permission before touching others and consider alternatives to handshakes or hugs.
The weekend's events include:
- Friday evening, March 13: Rally & vigil to remember Cordale. Open to all. RSVP on Facebook.
- Saturday morning, March 14: A private healing circle for invited mothers, fathers, and family members. For families of stolen lives only.
- Saturday evening, March 14: A formal banquet where family, friends, activists, and community members gather to honor mothers, fathers, and families who have lost children to police and community violence. At this event, we provide headstones for families who have lost children to police violence and community violence, love and support mothers and fathers whose children have died, and remember and speak the names of those who died too soon. Open to all: RSVP on Facebook.
- If you are a mother or father who has lost a child to police or community violence, we would like to invite you and a guest to our banquet. Please fill out this event RSVP.
- For other community members, tickets are on sale here!
- Sunday morning, March 15: Private church service for for invited mothers, fathers, and family members. By invitation only.